COME AGAIN WHEN YOU CAN'T STAY SO LONG
"With Come Again When You Can't Stay So Long, Tara Wray perfectly balances humor, pathos and tenderness...There are few artist's books I can think of that manage to be as simultaneously entertaining and heart-wrenching as Come Again"
CAWYCSSL (2014) is a photobook follow-up to Tara Wray's autobiographical documentary Manhattan, Kansas (SXSW 2006), about her relationship with her mentally ill mother. The book documents Wray's return to Kansas after a long absence to visit her grandmother, a character from the film. It is a portrait of love, mortality, and the ambivalence of family ties.
CAWYCSSL is hand sewn with a letter-pressed cover and letter-pressed bookmark. It measures 6x9, 52 pages, and comes in an edition of 125 numbered and signed copies.
Available in the Store.
- Griffin Museum of Photography, 8th annual self-published photobook exhibition, 2017
- Featured on LENSCRATCH, Aint-Bad, and STRANT
- Fall Line Fifty, a juried selection of self-published books, 2017
- 2nd Juried Photobook Exhibition, Vermont Center for Photography, 2017
- Named one of the best books of 2014 by FlakPhoto
- Dartmouth College 2014 Book Arts Prize honorable mention
- INFOCUS Juried Exhibition of Self-Published Photobooks, Phoenix Art Museum, 2014
- Permanent collection of the Beinecke Rare Book & Manuscript Library at Yale University
- Permanent collection of the Snite Museum of Art, University of Notre Dame